Game notes provided post-game by Indiana Athletics Media Relations.
• The Hoosiers posted a 69-65 win in Iowa City to begin Big Ten play. It is the first win at Iowa for Indiana since Jan. 2, 2008.
• It marks the third consecutive year that Indiana has played on New Year's Eve (2-1 record).
• Dating back to last year, the Hoosiers have won three of their last four Big Ten road games (at Purdue, at Minnesota and today's game at Iowa).
• Over the last two years, Indiana has the second-best Division I record among Big Ten schools (40-10). Only Ohio State's mark of 41-10 is better.
• The win also marks the second straight year that the Hoosiers have won their road opener (last year at Evansville).
• Indiana held Iowa to 33.3 percent shooting from the floor, the fourth straight opponent to fail to reach 40 percent against the Hoosiers. It is also the eight time in the last nine games that IU has held an opponent to 40 percent or less in a game.
• Cody Zeller recorded his eighth career double-double with 19 points (15 in 2nd half) and 10 boards.
• Victor Oladipo posted his first career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds and two assists. He also earned 12 deflections.
• Will Sheehey once again provided a spark off the bench with 13 points, five rebounds and two assists.
• Christian Watford was the fourth Hoosier in double figures with 11 points to go with eight rebounds.
• Despite going 0-of-10 from the floor, Jordan Hulls still dished out six assists (zero turnovers) in 22 minutes.
• Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell logged nine points and seven rebounds in his first career Big Ten game.
• Remy Abell contributed three points and one rebound in 12 minutes off the bench.
• Derek Elston corralled one rebound in five minutes off the bench.